Restorative Dental Hygienists
A Restorative Dental Hygienist is an experienced graduate Dental Hygienists who performs restoratives procedures in addition to traditional preventative duties. The Restorative Dental Hygienist duties are in compliance with the standards of practice approved by the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario and listed in the proposed RCDSO Standards.
The Restorative Dental Hygienist, under the supervision of a Dentist, may:
- Place and finish amalgam, composite resin & temporary restoration including gingival retraction if needed.
- Placement and removal of matrix bands
- Take final impressions and prepare for insertion of the crowns and bridges
- Prepare and cement temporary crowns
- Place cavity liners
- Adjust restorations
- Perform Orthodontic procedures